01 02 03 The Princess and The Pickle: My Eclectic Festive Playlist 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Eclectic Festive Playlist

34


BritMums are asking bloggers to choose their favourite festive songs and create a playlist of tracks to keep their designated driver smiling this Christmas!  So here are a few of the songs I'd have on my festive playlist...   

White Wine in the Sun - Tim Minchin

This is a beautiful song which describes the importance of being around family at Christmas time.  All proceeds from the sale of this song during December 2012 will go to the National Autistic Society, so this is at the top of my festive playlist. 



Walking In The Air - Ryan Sheridan

The Princess and The Pickle love The Snowman, and Walking in the Air is such a classic and nostalgic song, but when searching for a video I actually found this cover which I love even more!



Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Not generally thought of as a 'Christmas' song, but it was actually the Christmas number one in 1975 and again in 1991.  This would definately be a fun one to sing along to in the car with friends, on the way to or from a festive evening out.

 

Walk This Sleigh - Robbie Williams

I love this festive song from Robbie (maybe just because I can't imagine ever having a playlist without a Robbie track on it!), but there's no video available for this one.

The Parting Glass - Ed Sheeran

This is the bonus track on Ed's + album, it's not a Christmas song but it would make a nice addition to a festive playlist and it reminds me a little of Auld Lang Syne.  It's actually an Irish folk song, traditionally sung at the end of a gathering of friends and the lyrics include "Good night and joy be with you all".

Let's Party - Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers

Now for something a little more upbeat.  If you think my playlist is lacking some 'proper' Christmas songs, here are a few of them mixed into one fun track... Definately one to get you in the mood for a Christmas party!

 


Silent Night - Jingle Cats 

Now I'm feeling all festive I'm going to leave you with this one.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but The Pickle absolutley loves it so I've included it for him.  (Yes, for him, not for me... *cough*)  It's brilliant... if you like singing cats.  Merry Christmas!







This is an entry for the #FestivePlaylist, sponsored by Coca-Cola.


35 36 37 38