01 02 03 The Princess and The Pickle: Mini Trifle Cups - fab party food! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mini Trifle Cups - fab party food!

34


These mini trifles are really easy to make.  I used small china cups which matched the theme of the party.

The night before, I poured a layer of strawberry jelly into the bottom of each one, then popped in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.  I then did another layer of orange jelly and left to set again.  A layer of instant custard followed and I covered each cup with cling film and left in the fridge overnight.

Just before serving I added the final touches.  I cut flakes into thirds and placed one end into the set custard to keep it in place.  I then used squirty cream to create a 99 ice cream look, followed by a sprinkling of hundreds and thousands.

PS.  You might want to serve these with spoons… attempting to eat jelly with a flake could get slightly messy… Although it could be fun after a few drinks….!

This is part of The Pickle's Christening and 1st Birthday Celebrations feature.
35 36 37 38